Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Homeowners

It's our last day in the apartment.  It hasn't sunk in quite yet that this won't be home anymore, even with the majority stuff gone.  I'm glad we found a house, and I'm excited about this new chapter in our lives as we become homeowners.  But there are things I will miss about living here.  The people, the view, gas cooking, heat and hot water included, the walk-in closet, and being so close to church and Whole Foods.  I'm very good at getting comfortable with the way things are.

Still, even though I am scared when it comes to change, there is a lot I am looking forward to.  In fact, I have quite a lot to be excited about.  Adam and I will both be closer to our jobs, a major plus.  I will have my own studio, where I will be able to work on the projects that apartment-living made nearly impossible to do.  We have a yard.  With grass!  I cannot even begin to explain how much I miss just being able to go outside on a warm day and lie in the grass.  No blankets or towels.  Just me and the ground and the sky.

We will also be sharing our new home with one of dear friends.  We have four rooms, and we won't be using all of them right now, so she will be renting one.  I am looking forward to meals together and just helping each other out.  I think it will remind of college in some ways.

Another thing I look forward to is having plenty of space to be by myself.  We'll have the yard, the little sunroom area by the side entrance, the living room, the kitchen, and the spare bedroom upstairs.  It's a pretty nice little cape, even though we are still fixing it up.  It's on a dead end street, too, so we won't be getting much traffic.  The neighborhood is great.  Nice neighbors, places to walk, and right near the high school so our church students can easily visit us.

There is so much potential, and we have so many ideas.  Can't wait to see what's in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment